- Use Of This Website Means Acceptance Of These Terms
You further agree that HoC may (but has no obligation to) in its sole discretion, without notice other than republication on the Website: (i) modify from time to time the design and functionality of the Website and all services we offer; (ii) edit, modify, or remove certain Materials; or (iii) otherwise modify or remove any content, service, feature, or other aspect of the Website or the Materials.
- Description Of Service & Conditions To Membership
- [INSERT "PR" DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES OFFERED BY THE WEBSITE]
- Membership Required: To utilize certain features of this Website (making payments, Member Activities, etc.), you must become a Member by creating an Account. To create an Account, you must complete our registration process by accurately completing one or several registration form(s) (the "Registration Form"). When you register an Account and become a Member, you must submit and maintain current and accurate Account information, including but not limited to a working e-mail address that will serve as our primary form of communication with you (the "Registered Address"). You warrant and represent that the information you submit to us is true and accurate. Your failure to submit true and accurate information may result in termination of your Account, and HoC reserves all remedies with respect to any false information submitted to us and/or this Website.
- Technical Requirements of Membership: In order to use the Website and access your Records, you will need computer hardware that—at a minimum—has the technical capacity to use commonly available and generally supported web browser types and versions (the "Minimum Technical Specifications"). We may reasonably modify Minimum Technical Specifications from time to time by posting Revised Terms. If at any time your equipment does not meet Minimum Technical Specifications, we may terminate your Account.
- Membership to this Website is not intended for individuals under the age of . If you are under the age of , please do not use this Website.
- Member Activities & Posted Information
- General: This Website offers certain interactive functions to Members, such as member comments, ratings and forums (collectively, "Member Activities"). The identity of, or other information pertaining to, Members and others using the Website may be discernible to you or others based upon the comments such Members submit to, or their other activities on, the Website. You acknowledge that such activity on your part may result in others knowing your identity or having access to the comments or other materials you submit. Notwithstanding such access, you may not use the Website except to participate in the activities and discussions expressly authorized, and for no other purpose.
- Your Account Information Should Be Kept Secret: Please be sure to keep your Account Information, including but not limited to your log-in information, secret since unauthorized access to your account may result in charges for transactions that you did not intent to incur and for which you will be held responsible. We strongly suggest that you do not grant anyone else access to your Account. However, should you choose to authorize a third-party to use your Account, you expressly agree to cause all other users of your Account to agree and abide by these Terms. You will be held liable for all Account use or misuse under your login credentials. HoC will never email you a request to disclose your account information via email or email links at which you will be prompted to submit the same. It is always best for you to type in the URL for any website, including the Website, directly into your browser.
- Prohibited Activities: You may not engage in any activities (the "Prohibited Activities") which are malicious, intrusive, invasive, illegal, and/or infringing, or in violation of these Terms, including but not limited t (i) mining for email addresses or other contact information; (ii) sending or posting unsolicited marketing or sales solicitations or spam; (iii) contacting anyone with whom you do not have a preexisting relationship (other than as participants in the ordinary course of using this Website); (iv) impersonating another person or entity; (v) misrepresenting your role with any organization; (vi) attempting to discern the log-in credentials or Account information of another Member; (vii) threatening, harassing, intimidating, or embarrassing another Member; (viii) selling or distributing email addresses or other contact information except with the owners' express consent; (ix) submitting or posting any unlawful, tortious, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, misleading, infringing, obscene, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate content (in the sole discretion of HoC); (x) distributing malicious technologies such as viruses, malware, spyware, or adware; (xi) perpetrating hoaxes or pyramid schemes; (xii) encouraging unlawful or inappropriate behavior; (xiii) posting the intellectual property owned by another without permission; (xiv) interfering with another's use or enjoyment of this Website; (xv) submitting or posting any comments or content of any kind that is, in the sole discretion of HoC, in bad taste or which may be contrary to the purposes for which Member Activities are provided; (xvi) attempting to hack, trespass, or acquire unauthorized access to any portion of this Website, including but not limited to any servers, networks, third-party hosts, and/or comparable equipment in connection thereto; (xvii) attempting to interrupt this Website's normal functionality, including but not limited to a distributed denial-of-service attach or related, disruptive interactions; and/or (xviii) establishing any replica of any portion of this Website without the express, written consent of HoC, including but not limited to "phishing" or "pharming" sites.
- HoC's Editorial Rights: HoC may modify, redact, and/or delete any and all content submitted to the Website by any users—including, without limitation, content that does not fall within the specific description of "Prohibited Activities" as set forth above.
- Prerequisites To Your Submissions:
- We do not want you to submit confidential, proprietary, and/or infringing information to this Website or to us. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to HoC shall be considered non-confidential and may be used by HoC for any purpose, without further compensation to you. Such submissions may become publicly available, and you waive all moral or personality rights associated therewith.
- Before you submit any information to this Website, you agree to take reasonable measures to verify that such information is true, inoffensive, and non-infringing upon the intellectual property rights of third-parties. You further agree to indemnify HoC for any claims, losses, expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and expenses) and other damages suffered as a result of your violating this subsection.
- HoC's Use Of Your Content: By submitting any information or materials to HoC, you hereby assign to HoC, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith.
- Termination Of Use
- Additional Issues Regarding Materials
- Applicable Law and Venue
Any legal action relating to these Terms or the Website must be instituted in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction in Cook County, Illinois, provided that actions for specific performance or injunctive relief, or to enforce a judgment may be brought where necessary, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction and exclusive venue in Cook County, Illinois.
These Terms expressly exclude and disclaim the terms of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, which shall not apply to any transaction conducted through the Website or otherwise involving HoC.
- Consent to Electronic Notice, Records and Disclosures
- NO WARRANTIES
THE MATERIALS ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE ANY NUTRITIONAL, DIETARY, LEGAL, MEDICAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
HoC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS OR FROM ALL AREAS OR JURISDICTIONS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
ANY MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. HoC SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR EQUIPMENT OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE. THE WEBSITE AND/OR MATERIALS ARE NOT MEANT FOR USE ON MISSION CRITICAL OR PUBLIC SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ARE MATERIAL AND OF THE ESSENCE WITH RESPECT TO HoC's MAKING THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE TO YOU AND IN DETERMINING THE PRICING THEREOF.
HoC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR IN RESPECT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU DUE TO FORCES BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF HoC AND/OR ITS VENDORS OR OTHER ASSOCIATED PARTIES.
HoC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- SYSTEM FAILURES, SYSTEM PROBLEMS, AND/OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES;
- INJURIES OR ILLNESS RESULTING FROM HoC PRODUCTS OR MATERIAL; OR
- ISSUES WITH RESPECT TO THIRD PARTIES RELATED TO YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH HoC;
- Website Usage
- Compliance With Laws
- Third-Party Links